It’s hardly a secret that plus-sized women are underrepresented in fashion and clothing. As a plus-size woman, you often have to compromise at least one element of your jeans; maybe they’re the right color but they don’t hug your waist right. Maybe they fit you beautifully around your butt and thighs, but the waist is too big – there are so many possible issues.
Fortunately, there are more and more brands (like us!) that are designing beautiful, fashionable clothing for women with curves. Wave goodbye to compromising on style or fit, because we’re here to help you find the perfect jeans for you.
How can I find the perfect pair of jeans as a plus-size woman?
Here are some must-know tips:
- Life is too short to only wear things that you know look good on you – we’re not talking about fit here, we’re talking about style. If you want to give ripped jeans a try but haven’t had the guts to do so, go ahead! If you want to try bootcut or skinny or wide-leg – whatever isn’t the norm for you, just give it a try. Life is about experimentation and finding new ways to be yourself, and that includes trying out different styles that are outside your comfort zone. As long as you’re comfortable, you’re good to go.
- Opt for darker washes if you have any insecurities. Dark colors help us look slimmer and can hide imperfections that are more visible in light washes, especially in thin materials. Our Dream Girl Butt Lift Levanta Cola Jeans are a great choice.
- Choose styles with tummy control – yes, these exist and yes, they make you look incredible while being super comfortable! Colombian jeans are perfect for this because they’re cut to hold in your tum while emphasizing your curves. They are designed for women with great hips and a smaller waist, so you don’t have to worry about them constantly slipping down.
- Go for stretch – no matter your size, squeezing into cardboard-like stiff denim is no fun, and will cut off your blood circulation below the knee. Instead, look at the material used and avoid stiff fabrics.
- The higher the waist, the better! – thank God high waist jeans are in! If they weren’t, we’d be wearing them anyway, because they’re just so flattering. When you’re choosing your high waist jeans, avoid jeans that have a tighter waist with a single button, especially if they are looser fabrics. They’ll cut into your middle instead of giving you support, so go for jeans with additional buttons. Our hourglass collection is a great place to start – see it here.
- Use stitching to your advantage – the right stitching will help hold you in all the right places and give your body more shape, which is why we use it on so many of our jeans.
- Try bootcut – skinny jeans have been in for a long time, but have you considered trying bootcut? This cut is one of the most flattering because it gives your legs more shape and length. Definitely give them a try if you haven’t! Our Romance Butt Lift Levanta Cola Jeans look incredible – just take a look at our models if you’re still not convinced about giving bootcut a try!
Wear What You Love
It’s easy to get caught up in the “rules” of what clothing you should and shouldn’t wear, based on your size and shape. But it’s also important to remember that you should wear whatever makes you feel great!
We know how important it is to feel comfortable and beautiful in your clothes. We specialize in high-quality, Colombian-made fashion products that will enhance and compliment all figures. So, whether you’re looking for leggings, bras, butt lifting jeans, or body sculpting fajas, our unique and ultra-comfortable clothing is made to last, sculpt, and fit your body like a glove! Click here to view our full range of butt-lifting jeans.