Many of us are looking to lose weight, the problem is that sometimes we want this to happen overnight, which is impossible unless you get a liposuction done, and even then, you have to wait a couple of weeks until you heal properly. This surgery is also very expensive and it will not guarantee you results in a long term basis.
The best results are achieved in a long term basis, that is why I wanted to share with you this easy guide for all of you who are looking to lose weight and don’t know where to start. This routine helped me get started on a consistent routine of exercising. I can’t tell you how glad I am that I started this way, otherwise, I could have gotten discouraged along the way and I would not have gotten the results that I wanted. Follow these easy and simple 7 steps to getting a flat belly.
1) Find a Place: find a nice and inspiring place to go running, look for a park or an area where other people go to run. A great example would be Central Park in New York City. I live in Hudson County, and I love running on the sidewalk of J.F.K. Boulevard East in West New York, NJ. It has an amazing view and inspires me to go the extra mile when I’m about to quit. Also check out the Warinanco Park in Elizabeth, NJ, great place to go for a walk, jog or run.
2) Set a Perimeter, now that you’ve found your perfect environment, go around in your car or use an app to track a perimeter of 2 miles. Yes, 2 miles. Don’t worry about the distance, when you are finished reading this article, you’ll see that is not much.
3) Find a Spot on Your Agenda: now that you know exactly where you are running and what distance, find a spot on your schedule for about 20-30 minutes, preferable during the morning or in the afternoon, when you still have some energy left. Make sure that this spot on your schedule gives you at least 4 days a week.
4) Baby Steps: Start by walking in the area that you choose for 2 weeks straight, at least 4 times a week. Why walking? I know you are probably eager to start running the first day, but that won’t help. You must get in the habit of doing something in order for you to stay consistent. That is the key of this method, consistency. If you start your first week by running instead of walking, you will most likely not even start, since you get lazy just by the thought of it. On the other hand, walking is something that you do every day and in your mind, you know it is something easy that can get you started right away. Your main goal is to get in the habit of doing something new daily.
5) Start Jogging: by your third week start jogging, you can start by jogging for 1 mile (half the distance you were walking). Why now? You already have the habit of showing up at the same time and place, so you might as well just start jogging now. Do this consistently for another 2 weeks.
6) Now You Can Run: You’ve been showing up to the same place, at the same time for 4 weeks now, you’ve been walking and jogging, which means that your body is used to movement, a little more effort won’t do any harm, but will give you amazing results.
7) Grab a Partner: One of the hardest things for everyone is to start, we may tell ourselves that we want to do it, but we never take action to start doing it. One tip that I can give you so your start is not as difficult is to grab a partner. Try this simple but powerful method with a partner so either she makes your life miserable until you both start doing it or you make her go with you and have her join the club with you. So take action now and share this article with at least 3 of your closest friends, at least one of them will agree to go with you.
Bonus: You can wear a waist trainer especially when you start. These waist cinchers are made with latex, which means that they will make you sweat even though you are not running, but you are still moving around. This will give you great motivation to start, since new stuff sets our minds off to other new things such as "new beginnings". Let this be your "new beginning" to a healthier and sexier life style.
Show OFF your Results: Show us your results. Before you start, take a picture of yourself, and if you can, also weigh yourself and measure yourself. Write it down, next to it, write down your goals, and set a date of 3 months from now. Then when you are done, after 3 months, send me your results. My goal right now is to help 100 people achieve their goals on reducing weight and getting some sexy curves. I won’t publish anything on the social media accounts unless you’d like me to. I just want to keep track of how many people I’ve help doing this. I will also consider you part of my #tinywaistangels.
P.S. if a friend forwarded this e-mail to you, is because she wants you to be her running partner ;)